Hector Guzmán - University of Sonora
• Ph. D. on Environmental Engineering: University of Arizona (2007-2015).
• Postdoctoral stay:
University of Sonora. Hermosillo, Sonora, México (2016-2017).
• Chemical Engineering:
University of Sonora. Hermosillo, Sonora, México (1985-1990).
• January 2018 – up to date:
Full Time Professor in the Department of Industrial Engineering from the University of Sonora (UNISON).
• Candidate member of the National System of Researchers (SNI), Level: Candidate. Period 2018 – up to date.
• Dispersion of trace metals on sediments of streams that capture runoffs from abandoned mines in the Sonora River basin – Northwestern Mexico. Chemical Engineering Department. University of Sonora. 01/IX/2016 - 30/VIII/2017.
• Evaluation of arsenic mobilization from mineral sorbents under mature landfill conditions. Chemical and Environmental Engineering Department. University of Arizona. August, 2007- December, 2014.
• Evaluation of epoxic encapsulation on arsenic-bearing mineral sorbent to reduce arsenic mobilization under mature landfill conditions. Chemical and Environmental Engineering Department. University of Arizona. August, 2007- December, 2014
• Evaluation of lead and arsenic dispersion by blown-up dust from the Iron King Mine Tailing in Arizona. Chemical and Environmental Engineering Department. University of Arizona. August, 2007- December, 2014.
• Removal of a cyano-zincate complex from an aqueous solution using an anionic resin. Departamento de Ingeniería Industrial. Universidad de Sonora. May, 2006-March, 2010.
Scientific and Academic Journals
• Stovern, Michael; Guzmán, Héctor M.; Rine, Kile P.; Félix, Omar; King, Matthew; Ela, Wendel P.; Sáez, A. Eduardo. (2016). Windblown Dust Deposition Forecasting and Spread of Contamination around Mine Tailings. Atmosphere, Vol. 7, 2, 16, 20 pages.
• Guzmán, Héctor M.; Li, Jing; Keshta, Mohammed; Sáez, A. Eduardo; Ela, Wendel P. (2016). Release of arsenic from metal oxide sorbents under simulated mature landfill conditions. Chemosphere, 151, 84-93.
• Guzmán, Héctor M.; Gómez-Álvarez, Agustín; Valenzuela-García; Jesús L.; Encinas-Romero, Martín A.; Villalba-Atondo, Arturo I.; Encinas-Soto, Kareen K. Assessment of the impact on the sediment quality of the currents that capture the runoffs from abandoned artisanal mines in the Sonora River basin, located in a semiarid region of northwestern Mexico. (Status: Peer review).
• Esquer, Javier; Munguia, Nora; Guzmán, Héctor M. (2017). Pollution prevention for sustainability. In Encyclopedia of Sustainability and Higher Education (status: Peer review).
UNISON - Master Degree on Sustainability